Conception, engineering, design and installation of glazed façades and building envelopes
The building envelope – of which glazed facades play a fundamental part is one of the most important roles in a building’s life cycle.
Innovative products and expert specification guidance with over 1000 years management experience deliver aesthetically beautiful designs to reflect any architectural vision – but that’s only part of the building envelope’s role. Understanding the relationship between support, control, value engineering and finish is vital to deliver the greatest return for architects and contractors – and the optimum result for the client.
How we work
Facades & Glazing Solutions (FGS) is no ordinary specialist sub-contractor. We recognise the significance of added value services where our expertise makes a real difference at every stage of the RIBA Plan of Work.
We aim to deliver superb results at every stage of the project and throughout the project value chain:
- We offer best value where we have early engagement , where appropriate – not just at, or just before, order placement.
- We utilise a well-honed project delivery framework that works to ensure consistency, efficiency and effectiveness, while allowing for differences in project scope.
- Our sales approach extends way beyond project acquisition – and sales development is focussed on repeat, sustainable business based on positive past experience.
- We offer building lifecycle services on completion which represents an integration of our overall services which ultimately delivers a stronger product.
- The fact that we hold preferred or strategic partner status with several leading construction firms nationwide is testament to the way we approach projects.
Expertise in refurbishment projects
- Experience in working and directly contracting with the client.
- Capability and experience of acting as the principal contractor on certain projects and taking full site management responsibility.
- Technical knowledge and experience to evaluate existing buildings, surveying and occupant needs to propose fit-for-purpose, innovative retro-fit solutions.